Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Coffeeneuring Challenge Week 5: Flipnotics

Fall is finally in the air in Texas, and today was a wonderful fall day. I rode down to Flipnotics since I feel like I've needed a good excuse to go there for a while...coffeeneuring is as good as any!

Flipnautics

Flipnotics is a lovely local coffee shop on the second floor of...other businesses I suppose. The point is that it's up above the road, in the trees.

Untitled
It really feels like you're sitting in a treehouse!

I had a hard time getting a good picture, but they have a rather spacious multi-level wooden deck to make up for the lack of space in the building itself.

Treehouse coffee

On the way home I opted to ride the Lady Bird Lake trail, which runs along the river for many miles.

Nell point
Just one of many great views of downtown from the trail

The weather was so mild that the trail was packed with joggers, bikers, and walkers! It was slow going, but I was really enjoying seeing so many people out and about.

Unfortunately I had to get this post in later than I wanted, but the ride was on Sunday afternoon.

Stop: Flipnotics, 1601 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX
Beverage: black coffee
Total Milage: 6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment